Thursday, August 24, 2006

Tiger Woods says...

Tiger Woods interviews are illuminating. Every PGA tour pro competing against him should read his physio-psychological analysis of his actions. Full of tid-bits on how he manages autonomic responses of his body to crisis and stress at hand.
Transcipt of Tiger Woods Press Conference: WGC BRIDGESTONE INVITATIONAL, Wed Aug 23, 2006 here.
TIGER WOODS: Well, I think that your mind will carry you. The mind controls the body, so if the mind tells the body what to do, it'll do it; just a matter of getting the mind under control to make your body respond. And under the most extreme circumstances when the competition is that fierce and that heightened and my concentration is that high, yeah, I feel like I can make things happen. It doesn't always happen, though, but yeah, I feel like I can.
Over the course of my golf career I've had it happen enough times where I can always say to myself, "I can do this, I've done it before." That in itself gives you a lot of confidence.

In other words, practice, practice, practice. Practice golf swing, strokes and winning. Every win is practice for the next tournament win.
A model for everyone, golfer or otherwise.

No comments: